IDION was originally designed and developed by a group of volunteers: Panagiotis Minos (computer engineer), Erasmia Koletti, Elpiniki Margariti, Emilia Stripeli and George Zakis (linguists).
During the period 2020-2023, IDION underwent major revision and enrichment in the framework of the project Philotis. Main contributors were:
- Nicolaos Valeontis (redesign of the database and the interfaces to the user and to the documentator)
- Kiki Salveridou (she supervised enrichment work)
- Antonis Balas (documentation)
- Georgia-Savina Apostolopoulou (documentation)
- Maria Panagiotopoulou (documentation)
- Ana Kyril (Pomak, documentation)
- Nikolaos Kokkas (Pomak, documentation)
A host of young linguists have also contributed to IDION during their internships at ILSP/ATHENA RC.
Stella Markantonatou, Computational Linguist, Research Director at ILSP/ “Athena” RIC has coordinated IDION development so far.